Come into an MK's Kitchen

Journal-ish things, Devotionals, Thoughts, Poems, Glimpses from an MK's Life...writer-readers will use color penci/lhighlighter here

Monday, October 05, 2026

YE OLDE WHITE BOARD

I found a photo of something I used everyday 2 years ago.


This white board got used so much...it's something I got at the 100 yen shop (dollar store?), so after awhile, even erasing and cleaning solvents didn't work, and the background, especially top part of the board where I wrote most, got rather dirty. Recently, I had Kinya pick me up another one.

The one he came back with is the SAME DIMENTIONS, just not as rounded in the corners as the old one. The frames are the same color and shade: it almost looks like the old and new one are a set, although they were bought a decade apart (I think God did that for me.)!

Something in me couldn't bear to throw away the old white board, so I decided to use it as a sort of "lid" on which I wrote Rev. 1:3, "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is at hand." I said to myself, I wouldn't need to erase that board anyway. Besides, those words would help keep me memorizing.

Maybe even when it seems we are old and unable to do the work we used to do all the time before, God could keep using us to help encourage others? ... J