Come into an MK's Kitchen

Journal-ish things, Devotionals, Thoughts, Poems, Glimpses from an MK's Life...writer-readers will use color penci/lhighlighter here

Tuesday, September 08, 2026

RANA'S MESSAGE IS IN ENGLISH--YES!

Remember Saaya, the Bible School graduate that went to Bangladesh Nov. '25 ("Okay God, Do Your Thing" Nov. 14 post)? They finally returned to Japan for a few months of deputation...and the doctor told her she needed to get bed rest and take care of her pregnancy (baby's due next month!) Saaya has been reading all the things I've written in Japanese about growing up as an MK through joining BMM, giving me encouragement and prayer all along the way.

June and Saaya

I got a real thrill out of reading how God worked in my life for 30 years, yet I gotta say I got tired all along the way and wanted to cut it short. I finally finished 172 pages of my Japanese testimony-diary (thru' first years with BMM and marriage to Kinya) and felt mentally ready to crash.

The Second Point

For the Sunday worship service message this past weekend, Pastor Nishino's wife is expecting her first little one also, and he asked the Rana, Saaya's husband, a newly ordained minister, to preach for him for a while.

Rana Biswas did have an interpreter to put things into Japanese for most of his hearers, but for me, the treat was that he gave the sermon in English! Most people figure I understand Japanese so don't give it that much thought, but it still is slightly mentally more tiring. It was 100% restful to be able to listen through the entire morning sermon and not have to exert myself mentally at all, just kind of let it slide in effortlessly--thank You so much God.


I have a box   ć€€ć€€ć€€I’m not worthy

The message talked about the alabaster box being broken and expensive spikenard oil being poured on Jesus' head as an expression of love for Him. (Mk. 14:3) 


What a waste         Even half this money

I realize that's what this incident is supposed to point to. But I felt this week, it was the other way around: God Himself had anointed my soul with much-needed Balm!

"Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over" (Ps. 23:5)