Come into an MK's Kitchen

Journal-ish things, Devotionals, Thoughts, Poems, Glimpses from an MK's Life...writer-readers will use color penci/lhighlighter here

Saturday, August 29, 2026

YESTERDAY'S POST

Let me explain about Yesterday’s post.

I just finished putting the Japanese manuscript into digitalized format, so my mind has been full of God's amazing faithfulness, and seeing so many things fall into place those thirty years (I'm speaking of matters that He had been working on for generations before that too!)

The photograph from Daddy's hospital window had me, I remember, thinking of Heaven. It had been taken an early morning after Joyce and I had taken turns watching him through the night one summer when his I.V. lines had to be watched, and the sky turned from pitch black to hints gray to these brilliant flaming golds and pinks. And Daddy had told me how he yearned for Heaven. We'd sung melodies together in the hospital room--but one day we know it will be in 4000-part harmony.

The lower photo is of the Namiki property up in mainland Japan I flew up to after my time of helping out in Okinawa was completed. We moved for road construction, and our house was torn down; this is a pic of the empty plot. I remembered; in asking us to move, the city paid for washer-dryer, 3 air conditioners, and 3 months' rent in our future apartment: yes, if He would choose to surprise us with things like this on earth, HE HAS DWELLINGS PREPARED FOR HIS OWN IN HEAVEN for sure!

So...yesterday's post wasn't "just" a reading in Revelation with photos unrelated to life. Speaking of which, the drawing above is of me with Daddy in his last nursing home, and my sister Janice said it was a very good liking of Daddy. (The stuffed panda was her gift!)