I just had to post this. I wanted to whip off a few things about something during my college years. For Christmas Vacation my junior year, I was riding a station wagon going from our school in South Carolina out to California, a 3-day trip. Here are some things about that trip:

I don't know how we did it, but there were 6 of us and our luggage packed onto that station wagon. At school every night, for 15 mins. before lights out, 3 rooms got together for prayer; so we decided to do something similar before we konked out, just while the car was in motion (and of course, the driver stayed awake afterwards too!) We didn't realize it, but one person in that group thought we were batty; she wasn't a Christian and couldn't image why anyone would want to pray when we were no longer under the campus rules and required to do so! She was gloriously saved that Holiday Season, and on the way back to school, when we hit a patch of ice and went into a spin, she says her first thought was, "I'm ready to go now." The car ended up off the road but we stayed in God's protection.
We called ourselves the Christmas Gang. We didn't know that was going to happen, but I think it was a result of our praying together every night and joking together every day for three days (THAT'S close fellowship!) We got together in the University Snack Shop and celebrated birthdays, prayed for tests and interviews, and this group supported me when I had health problems and had to leave school. Special prayer bonds, campus brothers and sisters grew out of this group too. Matters of prayer begun then continued for decades, in fact...
The person I rode shotgun for became my campus brother; and I remember facing the dawning of a new day over the dashboard while enjoying cool mornings with the Lord. The spiral index card-memo notebook I used had written in it "THE MISSION'S JAPANESE
BIBLE SCHOOL" its leader, faculty, financial advisor, even janitorial staff. One of the other men on the car saw the cards and commented, "I like
the way you pray."
Now over 45 years later, I am talking with a missionary to Bangladesh, a person who graduated from Grace Baptist Bible School, the way God answered those prayers.
Yes, these are memories from college days...mere blinks in the life of God. Thank you for letting me share them with you.
<< Home